WHERE DO I BEGIN?
I love the one month a year I get to sit back and enjoy my favorite holiday records without feeling weird about it, because, girl (or boy), you know I would listen phil spector’s christmas record all year long were I not tethered by foolish traditions. Oh wait… I DO listen to the phil spector christmas record all year long (don’t judge); So for those of you who may not keep a year round interest in holiday music, or for people who just want to know what holiday jams I like, here are my favorites:
1. a christmas gift for you- phil spector (ronettes, crystals, darlene love, Bob b soxx and the blue jeans)
2. christmas with…- the beach boys
3. a merry christmas with- bing crosby and the andrews sisters
4. the christmas album- nat king cole
5. charlie brown christmas- vince guaraldi trio
I like that christmas records need no fancy title, because no journalist is going to ask nat king cole, why he called his christmas album, “the christmas album,” and if they had, I would wonder why they wasted nat’s 30 seconds with that question. I mean, really…
okay then. there you are. some suggestions. happy december 4th.